DeWitt Public Schools offers licensed before-school and after-school childcare to students in the district for ages 3 years (and enrolled in LPPS) to 5th grade. The program, organized by DeWitt Community Education, provides quality childcare by licensed staff. Enrollment is open throughout the school year, space permitting, and is currently working from a wait list. Our State of Michigan Licensed program will keep your child learning and having fun at the same time!
From the Office of Michelle Wilcox
Community Education Director
DeWitt Public Schools
June 22nd, 2020
Dear KIDS Parents,
I hope this finds you all safe, sound, and enjoying the weather! I would like to let you all know that the KIDS Program will be opening with limited capacity on July 13th IF the response is great and the program is needed (enrollment based). There is a possibility that this will not be possible if we do not have enough enrollment. You will find that modifications have been made in order to keep your student safe; these are a combination of best practices from the CDC and suggested guidelines from the SOM Child Care Licensing Division of LARA. These modifications are of the utmost importance and will require your complete cooperation to ensure that the KIDS Program is a safe space for all of our students. Not following the new rule structure may result in dismissal from the program. The modifications are as follows:
- A lottery of currently enrolled (if you registered for the ‘19-’20 school year, you are currently enrolled) students will be drawn for the available spaces in each group.
- Full day, each day-(in order to make room for families that need FULL-time care) schedule is now required. Attendance is not mandatory; if you know you will not be using one of/or several of your days ahead of time please let the staff of your student’s room know in advance. This will limit the amount of over staffing and better enable the district to offer this service to parents.
- Drop off time is now strictly between 7 am-8 am only in order to minimize staffing needs at the entrances unless otherwise arranged with your student’s classroom director.
- Pick up time is now strictly between 4 pm-5 pm. The program will be closing at 5 pm in order to deep clean and sanitize classrooms and materials for the students’ safety.
- At drop off, a staff member will take your student’s temperature with a touch-less thermometer. If your student has a temperature (100.4 or higher) they will not be permitted to attend that day, nor will they be able to attend until a doctor's note clearing them of Covid-19 has been given to the program director. You will be required to fill out a Covid-19 symptom form daily as well as sign your student into the program at the provided space before your student is allowed to enter the building. Students will not be permitted in the building until the temperature has been taken, sign in/out form has been signed, and tCovid symptom form has been completed.
- Parents will only be permitted in the building in cases of emergency. NO volunteers will be allowed at this time.
- Parking and drop off for different classes/age groups will be designated as follows: Pre-k, Young5’s, Kindergarten, and 1st-grade groups will be at the back entrance(by the field and shed)with parking on Scott St. Older groups-2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades drop off will be at the main entrance with parking in the bus lane and drop off at the front doors. A staff member will be waiting outside these entrances for the daily monitoring.
- Labeled (name and date)water bottles are required daily for students as the fountains will be in limited use to prevent the spread of germs.
- Most items from home will NOT be permitted, i.e. backpacks, toys, books, etc.. Items that will be permitted and that are necessary on a daily basis; lunch that does not need refrigeration or heating (HEATING IS NOT AVAILABLE), water bottle clearly labeled with name and date, sunscreen, and bug spray.
*Pre-k students ONLY are allowed ONE item for rest time, the item MUST fit in the provided bin and be taken home daily and washed daily.
Thank you for being patient and understanding that modifications are made with the safety of our students first and foremost.
If you choose to enter the lottery for your child to attend the KIDS Program beginning July 13th and ending August 20th, please fill out and return this Google Form before Friday, June 26th at 9am. Failure to submit this form within the aforementioned time frame will result in ineligibility for the lottery, NO EXCEPTIONS. If/ when your student is chosen in the lottery a July payment calendar will be emailed to you the following week. Please return this calendar via email to Commed@dewittschools.net. You will receive a confirmation email when payment is received.
The KIDS Program, in accordance with the SOM has created a new medical Covid-19 response plan. This document is also attached, and I highly encourage you to read over this information as it outlines the newly implemented cleaning procedures as well as how the program will handle Covid related emergencies.
Finally, thank you for your continued support of DeWitt Public Schools, in particular the KIDS Program. The kind words, thoughtful questions, and concern you have shown through this continually unfolding situation have been greatly appreciated. That being said, this is the first time we will be attempting any of the new modifications and procedures so your patience will be invaluable. We will start this new process and evolve along the way to better the experience for all.
New childcare fees effective July 1, 2019Before School Care-$7.25 per dayAfter School Care- $10.50 per dayFull Day Care- $34.50 per dayHalf Day Care- $21.50 per dayKIDS/AM or PM(LPPS students only)- $16.75 per dayRegistration Fee(per family) $50.00
Registration for students is currently closed.
KIDS Program Staff
Devin SleesemanPreK-Y5 KIDS Program Director email@example.com
Alexis WilhelmK-1st grade KIDS Program Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Katie Bengel2-3rd grade KIDS Program Supervisor517-668-3477 email@example.com
Laura Heinritz4-5th grade KIDS Program Supervisor firstname.lastname@example.org
Michelle WilcoxDeWitt Community Education Director517-668-3460 email@example.com
Complete an enrollment packet to register your child for the KIDS Program. Submit the completed forms and $50 registration fee/family to the community education office located at FECC. Please be sure to print off, and read, our Parent Handbook. The Parent handbook explains all policies, as well as dates the program is closed throughout the school year.
DeWitt KIDS program can NOT accept faxed payments. It is for your own privacy that we can not do this. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Please log in to Activenet to view and print tax statements. If you do not remember your login or password, please call us at 668-3460.
K.I.D.S. monthly attendance/payment schedules are available at the K.I.D.S. program sites and Community Education office. All schedules are due by the 20th of the month or before if the date falls on a weekend, and must be turned in at the designated age program classroom.
Please make checks payable to DeWitt Community Education. As of August 1, 2014, we will not accept faxed or emailed calendars. Please write complete credit card number on form or if card is on file, please write on file and the last 4 digits of the card please as well as the CVV code.
Early Release Days
Please indicate on your child's KIDS calendar what your child's lunch choice will be for the early release days. The options are a packed lunch from home or school lunch choice of Grab & Go. There is a spot of the calendar to circle your choice.