YOUNG 5 & KINDERGARTEN ENROLLMENT for 2016-17
If you have a child who will be five on or before September 1, 2016 and is a resident of DeWitt Public Schools, you may visit the DPS Administration Offices (south end of the Jr. High) Mon-Fri. 8am-4:30pm, to pick-up an enrollment packet.
Updates for the 2016-17 School Year
- Due to high enrollment, we will have 9 Kindergarten classrooms at FECC.
- Our 2 Young 5 classrooms will be housed at Schavey Road, but will still be closely aligned with the early childhood programming at Fuerstenau.
- We are welcoming two new teachers:
- Kristen Luedtke: Our new Young 5's teacher, Kristen comes to us with a Bachelor's Degree in elementary education from MSU, with an early childhood endorsement.
- Erin Jimmerson: Our new Kindergarten teacher is a DeWitt graduate, with a bachelor's degree in elementary education from CMU and 4 years teaching experience.
DeWitt Public School will be utilizing early release days for the 2016-17 school year, to provide professional development for our staff. We will also be offering childcare on these early release days to support our families.
-All students in Young 5 through 4th grade can register for early release care, whether or not you currently use the KIDS before- and after- school programs. Although the early release care will be run by the KIDS staff, it will be a separate program than our before- and after-school care.
-To register for early release care:
Students currently registered for KIDS before- and after-school care can register through their monthly calendar.
Student only needing early release care will register using the Early Release Care Enrollment Packet, which is attached.
Early Release Care Enrollment Packets, and the associated fee, can be turned in at Community Education, or after August 18th, at any elementary building.
- The deadline to register for Early Release Care is September 7th
Students will have access to purchase lunch or can pack their own.
Early Release Care Registration is for all 9 sessions. In order to staff and prepare, families must register for all 9 sessions by September 7th. There is no partial registration.
-Early Release Child Care Registration Packet:
-Early Release Registration Form
-Child Information Form
-Early Release Permissions
If you have any questions, please contact Community Education at 668-3480.
August 18: Placement Letters will be sent to your home with your child’s classroom placement, teacher wish list, Infinite Campus login directions, etc…
August 29th, 4-5pm: Kindergarten Open House: The FECC Open House will be a drop-in time for families to tour the building and their classroom, meet their teacher, tour a school bus and use the playground.
August 30th, 4-5pm: Young 5 Open House: The SRE Open House will be very similar to the FECC structure.
August 31st & September 1st: Half Days for Y5 and Kindergarten. Kindergartners at FECC will be released at 11:27am, and Young 5 students at SRE will be released at 11:42am.
September 6th: first full day of school fr Young 5 and Kindergartners. Lunch services will begin.